EBay-ANA Coin Community Workshop

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by susanlynn9, Aug 30, 2004.

1. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

Just a reminder for anyone who is interested. eBay is having their Coin Community Workshop tonight at 17:00 pacific time. This workshop is supposed to outline how eBay is working with the ANA to make eBay safer for the collectors. If you buy or sell on eBay, I think it would be very helpful to you to see how coin auctions and fraud are being handled. Here is the link:
    http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum.jsp?forum=93
    Hope to see you there. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

4. satootoko

satootoko Retired

He sure got that right! They are not trying to stamp out fraud - they are trying to convince the suckers that they want to stamp out fraud. :mad: :mad: :mad:

5. jimmy_goodfella

jimmy_goodfella New Member

seems the ana are only intrested in fishing for new members

waste of time is right

6. ziggy29

ziggy29 Senior Member

And now they are blaming the victims. Here's the latest eBay has added to that thread:

The more vigilant our Community is, the more likely we'll be successful rooting out the bad guys.

Yep -- it's our fault that they're not going after all the scam artists we've reported to no avail.

7. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

I just emailed Consumer Protection at the ANA letting them know how the workshop went last night and asking them what we need to do to get on the committee or what else we could do as far as educating the new collectors. As soon as I have a response, I'll be posting the reply on this forum and a number of others.

8. jimmy_goodfella

jimmy_goodfella New Member

good show susan :)

and good luck

thing is if they dont do something then the vigilanties will take over as they have done in the computer section.There are groups on the net now that make accounts to max out bids on the scammers auctions with no intention of paying just to stop them in there tracks stealing more money.

This i think will happen a lot more if something aint done

9. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

I just wanted to let everyone know that Remy Bourne at ANA answered my email and has forwarded it to the Executive Director, Christopher Cipoletti in the hope that he can provide specific answers. Just wanted to keep everyone posted. Maybe we'll actually get somewhere. Keep your fingers crossed. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted